I love feature stories most of all. At the AP, I was known as the “Hey Martha” reporter for consistently landing the wacky slot. That’s the last story listed on the national budget, which was always an off-beat feature.
Here are a few examples from The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Associated Press and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- There’s Only Silence: Speed Skating in St. Louis.
- Lipstick Graveyards: Where eyeshadow never dies.
- Rent Mother Nature: Own a cow without the chores.
- Braille in Jail: Prisons offer unique job opportunities.
- Evening Shade Farms: It is wishful thinking to come to Evening Shade Farms and believe it is the good life.
Inquirer Q and As – I interview upcoming speakers for The Philadelphia Inquirer. Here are a few recent examples: