Dawn Fallik – University of Delaware
Associate Professor application materials
Below you will find the main courses I teach at the University of Delaware.
I’ve taught beginning skills (307), intermediate skills (308) and Medical Writing (409) frequently and the others once or twice.
Each link should include the syllabus, course schedule and examples of student work. The documents will download and the online, video and multimedia links should go right to the site.
I obtained press credentials for three students to attend the 2016 Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, and I’ve included a separate section for those stories.
- Beginning Journalism Skills
- Intermediate Journalism Skills
- Medical Writing
- Critical Writing
- Social Media
- Food Writing
- DNC Coverage
Please find below selected links to articles completed during my academic years. I wrote more than 200 articles for Neurology Today and at least that many blogging for The Wall Street Journal’s culture section. I’ve also included the first video I did for the Wall Street Journal when I was an “academic intern” on their multimedia desk.
- Neurology Today 1 -Pay Disparity
- Neurology Today 2 -Stroke Misdiagnosis
- WSJ- Medical Desk 1 -Mommy Thumb
- WSJ-Medical Desk 2 -Childhood Cancer
- WSJ- Culture Desk 1 -Live Blogging Olympics
- WSJ-Culture Desk 2 -Tim Gunn
- WSJ Cooking Class -New Chef story
- WSJ -Culture Desk -New Chef video
- Al-Jazeera America -Cattle Rustling
- Philadelphia Inquirer 1 -Video series on environmental issues at the shore
- Philadelphia Inquirer 2 – Ann Patchett
- Philadelphia Inquirer 3 – Margaret Atwood
- Philadelphia Inquirer 4– Medical desk part 1, Part 2
- The New Republic -Pharmaceuticals in Drinking Water
- Poynter Institute -Freelance Contracts
- Metropolis – Data Analysis